The Honourable Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr Isa Ali Ibrahim Pantami has officially commissioned 11 completed projects, which are located across the country while strategically positioned to accelerate the development of Nigeria’s digital economy sector.The commission was made virtually in Abuja on Tuesday, in line with the blueprint of the National Digital Economy Policy and Strategy for a Digital Nigeria which was launched and unveiled by His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari in 2019.
The projects were carried out by the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA), Nigerian Postal Services (NIPOST ) and the Universal Service Provision Fund (USPF), parastatals under the supervision of the Ministry.
The projects which includes:
1.Tertiary Institution Knowledge Center (TIKC) Delta State.
2. New Neighborhood Post Office, Delta State.
3. Remodeled National Mail Exchange Centre, Rivers State.
4. e-Health/Data Sharing Center, ATBU Medical College, Bauchi, Bauchi State.
5. Virtual Examination Centre, University of Maiduguri, Borno State.
6. Information Technology Innovation Centre, Kogi State University.
7. Information Technology Capacity Building Centre, Gumel, Jigawa State.
8. Information Technology Capacity Building Centre, FUTO, Imo State.
9. Emergency Communications Center (ECC) llorin, Kwara State.
10. Emergency Communications Center (ECC) Calabar, Cross Rivers State; and 11. School Knowledge Center (SKC), GDSS, Hassan Central, Gombe State.
Present at the occasion were the Executive Governor of Imo State, His Excellency, Gov Hope Uzodinma and His counterpart from Gombe State His Excellency, Gov Inuwa Yahaya, Honourable Minister of Information and Culture, Alh Lai Mohammed.
Others are Honourable Minister of State Mines and Steel Development, Dr Uchechukwu Samson Ogah, Honourable Minister of State for Power, Mr Goddy Jedy Agbah, Honourable Minister of State for Education, Chukwuemeka Nwajuiba to mention few.