Since ancient times honey has been used as a food and a medicine. It is high in beneficial plant compound and offers several health benefits. Here are some of them. 1. It’s delicious Honey is a delicious and healthier alternative to sugar. Keep in mind that honey should only be consumed in moderation as it is high in calories and sugar.
2. Can help suppress coughs in children. Coughing is a common problem for children with respiratory infections. However honey should never be given to children under one year due to the risk of botulism.
3. Promotes burn and wound healing. Tropical honey treatment has been used to heal wounds and burns since ancient times. Honey is also an effective treatment for diabetic foot ulcers.
4. Improve blood circulation. The antioxidants in honey have been linked to beneficial effects on heart health including increased blood flow to your heart and a reduced risk of blood clot formation.
5. Honey can lower Triglycerides. Elavated blood triglycerides are another risk factor for heart disease. They are also associated with insulin resistance. Honey can lower Triglycerides levels especially when used as a sugar substitute.
6. Helps improve cholesterol levels. High LDL cholesterol levels is a strong risk factor for heart disease. The fatty buildup in your arteries can lead to heart attacks and strokes. Honey seems to have a positive effect on cholesterol levels.
7. Can lower blood pressure</div><div>Blood pressure is an important risk factor for heart disease and honey may help lower blood pressure. Eating honey may lead to modest reduction in blood pressure.
8. Good alternative for sugar for diabetics. Honey improves heart disease risk factors in people with diabetes. However it also raises blood sugar levels so it cannot be considered healthy for people with diabetes
9. Rich in antioxidants. Honey has organic acid and phenolic compounds like flavanoids..
10. Has a lot of nutrients.Honey is a sweet thick liquid made by honey bees. It is low in vitamins and minerals but high in nutrients.