Advertisement
AfricaNigeria

ZAMFARA ABDUCTED SCHOOL GIRLS RELEASED

By Niyi Maraiyesa

Spread the love

Girls abducted from their school in Jangebe arrived Gusau at 5am Tuesday morning on a bus, four days after their kidnap.

Addressing them in Government House, Zamfara Governor Bello Matawalle said they should take their ordeal in good faith and that the enemies would be shamed.

The State Governor, who confirmed the news on said the girls were released with the help of repentant bandits without any ransom paid.

However, Matawalle put the number of girls recovered at 279, although the police had earlier said 317 girls were kidnapped.

The released girls were wearing face masks and glad in light blue and brown chadors. They had breakfast and were scheduled to visit the hospital for checks before a reunion with their families.

The girls’ kidnapping on Friday was the latest in a series of school abductions that has rocked the country in the past three months.

The governor who was elated said he was psychologically affected “I am very exhausted and very devastated,” Governor Matwalle told reporters on Tuesday, “but I thank God that with the prayers of Nigerians we are able to secure their release.”

He said his government will continue to negotiate with bandits – some who may have been involved in the abduction – and convince them to accept a peace deal. “We want to bring everybody on board,” he said.

Governor Matawalle also noted that the released girls will undergo counseling.


Spread the love
Advertisement
Show More
Back to top button
DE HONEY MONTESSORI SCHOOL
Close
Close
  • Media Bypass allows you to access and report news from all over the world as it happens. This is achieved by bringing together a big team of participants as both Journalists and Readers.